Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing to book with Westward Living at Duckhaven Stud, please find below our terms and conditions of booking, if there are any points which you would like to discuss please give us a call on 01237 238967 or email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help.
Westward Living Terms and Conditions
1. Weekly bookings are from Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday as stated on the website. We offer any day entry short breaks in our romantic cottages (min 2 nights) all year round. Out of season we will be happy to arrange short breaks on flexible arrival dates where possible. Short breaks are offered in all cottages all year round.
2. A deposit of 20% of the total amount to pay is payable on booking, with the remainder to be paid 6 weeks before your holiday commences. Bookings made less than 6 weeks before the beginning of your holiday must be paid for in full at point of booking.
Provisional bookings made will be held for 4 working days after the reservation has been made (excluding any bookings made 6 weeks prior to arrival which must be paid at point of booking).
3. Cancellation of booking, in the event of your wishing to cancel your booking up to 90 days prior to arrival, the full deposit will be retained, but can be used against booking another holiday/break with us within 6 months ( at point of cancellation)
If you have paid the full amount we will endeavour to rebook and refund all or part of your payment minus the deposit should we successfully rebook. Cancellations should be make by phone 01237 238967 or email
4. Any complaint must be notified immediately to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation. We will not be held responsible for any complaint not notified during the period of your holiday.
5. Any damage or breakage must be notified and paid for immediately. We will not normally charge for accidental damage of a minor nature, but it should still be notified to us in order that we can repair or replace the damaged objects. We advise guests to check their cottage itinerary on arrival to avoid any unnecessary charges, similarly if you are staying as part of a group, you will need to ensure that you do not move furniture, crockery, BBQ's linen or utensils to other cottages.
6. All guests are required to familiarise themselves with the emergency assemble points and fire safety procedures upon arrival. In cottages where hot tubs are provided, you are also required to familiarise your self and your guests with the guidance for safe usage which is found in the cottage. We accept no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage experienced by any guest, visitor, vehicle or their belongings, however caused. It should be noted that leisure facilities are unsupervised and it is a parents responsibility to ensure that children are adequately supervised and to ensure that safety regulations are complied with.
7. In order to safe guard the comfort and security of our guests staying at Westward Living, please do not exceed the maximum number of guests or vehicles stated per cottage at any one time. We retain the right to ask any unauthorised person or vehicle to leave immediately. This includes group gatherings in any of our properties. As Westward Living has an exclusive wedding venue on site (Ocean Kave), no other bridal parties or bridal entourages including, but not limited to photographers, hair dressers, florists and wedding parties are permitted within the grounds at any time. Our cottages and facilities are for the use of guests staying on site only, over occupancy and visitors are not permitted within the grounds.
8. Cottages that have been hired in conjunction with a wedding at Ocean Kave must adhere to the terms and conditions of Westward Living, no wedding after parties are permitted in any of the properties and guests are minded to respect the privacy and tranquillity of neighbours and other guests staying on site. NB only wedding photos of guests getting married at Ocean Kave can be taken on site, i.e.. no wedding entourage photos within the premises other than couples getting married at Ocean Kave.
9. Please leave the cottage clean and tidy on departure.
10. Please be mindful of other guests staying on site at all times and respect their peace and tranquillity. Westward Living has a zero tolerance of anti social behaviour and any illegal substances. No use of hot tubs or amplified music or loud noises from the cottages are permitted after 10pm.
11. In the interest of security, only guests staying in the cottages whose names have been provided at point of booking are permitted on the grounds at Westward Living. This applies to any wedding guests, suppliers or friends/family, in order to protect the security of guest staying on site, our team will regularly make contact with guests they meet on site and check which cottage they are staying in - please do not take offence as this is for your safety.
12. In the interest of security, only guests staying in the Seahorse Apartments whose names have been provided at point of booking are permitted within the Apartments. This applies to any wedding guests, suppliers or friends/family, in order to protect the security of guest staying within the block, our team will regularly make contact with guests they meet on site and check which apartment they are staying in - please do not take offence as this is for your safety and security. For guests who have booked the Seahorse Penthouse, please ensure that the Penthouse roof garden occupancy does not exceed 4 people at any one time. If guests have rented all three apartments the maximum occupancy for the Penthouse is 12 persons. Max occupancy for the hot tub is 4 persons, any guests exceeding the will be asked to leave.
13. We regret that there is no facility for visitors to receive incoming telephone calls except in an emergency when we will be pleased to pass on a message.
14. Please refer to your check in times as detailed in your booking summary. Please let us know if you cannot arrive before 5.30pm (main season). If it is not possible to arrive on your changeover day, we will need to be notified of the date and time of your arrival in advance. Out of season please ring to arrange arrival details.
15. With the exception of Dream, Smiley & Sadlers cottages, our properties do not accept dogs. We do not promote ourselves as a dog friendly establishment, guests who are bringing dogs must comply with our dog policy and will be charged for damages. If you have not advised us that your dog will be travelling with you we reserve the right to append your booking if possible (with relevant surcharges) or deny access to your dog. Non of our cottages allow smoking. Please ensure that you are aware of the conditions before booking.
16. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all of our cottages and apartments. Because the network is shared by many, we need everyone to use it in an appropriate way to ensure a quickly of service for all. By connecting to the wireless network, you are agreeing to abide by our fair usage policy. Examples of prohibited use are as follows; illegal / criminal activity, security violations, threats, offensive material or spam. We also ask that users do not undertake large amounts of streaming or downloading (over 1GB per day). If you break the terms of this policy we will disconnect you from the network with no warning. If you have any questions please ask guest services.
17. All guests staying in a cottage with hot tub facilities must read and sign the Hot Tub Disclaimer. Please contact us if you require a copy. Failure to do so, prior to arrival, will result in the hot tub not being available during your stay. Misuse of the hot tubs will result in the hot tubs being drained and closed off, £100 fine will be applied.
18. Parking permits must be clearly displayed in your vehicle at all times, please ensure you do not exceed the stated amount of vehicles per cottage.
19. Outside caterers are not permitted at Westward Living.
Thank you for choosing Westward Living at Duckhaven Stud and we look forward to welcoming you soon!Click here to check availabiilty & book
When searching please note that our changeover days for our larger cottages are either a Monday or Friday during peak season (April to October). Our 4 romantic, 2 person cottages can be booked for a min 2 night stay arriving any day of the week, all year round. Out of season we have flexible arrival dates for all our cottages.